Monday, September 13, 2010

Mr. Darcy in the Bath



I wanted this to be my first post, not only because it is timely (Colin Firth was just voted most handsome man in England), but because it doesn't get any better than this bath. If I had to choose one room in the house it would be a beautiful bathroom, and this bathroom at Netherfield is the one I would choose. Copper bathtub, beautiful fireplace, simple and elegant wallpaper and moldings, window to the grounds, not terribly big, but just lovely!

Actually, I love this scene in the movie. Lizzie playing with the very large dog outside, and Mr. Darcy in his very personal bath gazing at her from the window with loving eyes. Wow!

My favorite period in literature, my favorite period in design, the Regency.
Watch video to get to the scene above starting at around 2:22. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment